SMMC News

Marshals required: Sprint at Kames

Picture of SMMC Admin
Marshals required: Sprint at Kames
by SMMC Admin - Sunday, 9 May 2021, 7:38 PM

Marshals are needed for The Iain Pinkerton Memorial Sprint at Kames Motorsport Complex, Muirkirk on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th May, organised by the Scottish Sporting Car Club.

Message from Stewart Paton, Chief Marshal for The Iain Pinkerton Memorial Sprint...

Hi All

I'm sure you've all been waiting with anticipation to see this. It has finally reached that time in Scotland when we get to go out and indulge our motorsport passion again.

I'm sure you are all keen to get back out to events and here is your chance:

The Iain Pinkerton Memorial Sprint will take place at Kames Motorsport Complex, Muirkirk on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th May, organised by the Scottish Sporting Car Club.

The event will be run under the regulations of Motorsport UK including Covid-19 guidance and following the Scottish Government Regulations relating to Covid-19 and events of this type.

This will be the opening round of various championships: Each day will be a counter in the Scottish Sprint Championship 2021, the Lowland Speed Championship 2021 supported byMAXSport Competition Tyres (Scotland), the Scottish Sporting Car Club Championship 2021 and (Sunday only) the Scottish Speed Championship 2021.

Marshals are required to ensure the safe and efficient running of the event and as it will be a non-spectator event, you'll need to be part of it if you want to see the action on track.

I am therefore looking for volunteers to marshal in various roles. So if you would like to volunteer your time and marshal at the event, please sign up using one of the links below. Please enter "Marshal" or if you have a preferred role, eg. "Start Marshal" in the Official's Role box of the registration form:

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me - email dspaton@hotmail.co.uk or phone 07704440867.

Thanks in advance for your help in making the event a success.