SMMC News

Scottish Tarmac Rally Championship Survey

Picture of SMMC Admin
Scottish Tarmac Rally Championship Survey
by SMMC Admin - Wednesday, 4 September 2019, 8:02 AM

Following on from the online discussion around the future of stage rallying in Scotland and the recent meeting held in Stirling, the organisers of the STRC have set up a brief survey to gather a range of views specific to that championship.

Message from Pete Weall, Chairman of Scottish Association of Motor Sport Clubs

Following on from the online discussion around the future of stage rallying in Scotland and the recent meeting held in Stirling, the organisers of the STRC have set up a brief survey to gather a range of views specific to that championship. Registered competitors have all been invited to respond directly but it is thought that a wider range of views should be heard. This would include competitors who are not registered in that championship along with marshals and event officials.

Note that the Scottish Association of Motor Sport Clubs exists to support the activities of all member clubs and while I have made known my personal views on event numbers in my recent chairman reports, I also think it is appropriate to have a wide and open debate. With that in mind, I am encouraging you to share with your members as you feel appropriate.

Best regards

Pete Weall
Chairman SAMSC

SMMC is a member of SAMSC and the views of marshals and other officials are just as important as those of the competitors in defining the way forward - so please take a moment to complete the survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VG8W832