SMMC News

Marshals required at Doune Hillclimb on 18/19 September

Picture of SMMC Admin
Marshals required at Doune Hillclimb on 18/19 September
by SMMC Admin - Sunday, 12 September 2021, 8:15 PM

Alastair Gray, Chief Marshal of Doune Hillclimb, is still looking for support for the final event of the year at the venue next weekend 18th/19th September. You can volunteer for one or both days.

Message from Alastair Gray, Chief Marshal, Doune Hillclimb...

As Chief Marshal at Doune Hillclimb I am still looking for support for the final event of the year at the venue next weekend 18th/19th September.

The event is over two days though I would be delighted to accommodate marshals only able to support the event one day of the weekend. Each day starts at 0830 so marshal signing on will be at 0745 and has reverted to the hard copy process carried out at the office near the start line. A marshals' briefing will be held just after 0800 each morning.

Each day is expected to be a minimum of two practice runs in the morning and a minimum of two timed runs in the afternoon with time for a lunch break factored into the days activities. New marshals will be buddied with an experienced partner so no one should be concerned about being thrown in at the deep end.

There is a good entry to the event with over 70 entries each day, including a variety of competing vehicles from road classes to the fastest racing cars in the Scottish Championships with historic vehicles thrown in for good measure.

Marshals helping will be entitled to £15 each day as a contribution towards their expenses in attending the event.

If anyone is interested they can contact me at grayalastair@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for your help.

Alastair Gray