SMMC News

Marshals’ volunteering opportunities 2021 - North of England and Scottish Borders

Picture of SMMC Admin
Marshals’ volunteering opportunities 2021 - North of England and Scottish Borders
by SMMC Admin - Monday, 22 March 2021, 10:51 PM

Hopefully, we will actually get to see some stage rallying this year. As always, this is not a full list of events, but a few local (or reasonably local ones). If you can help, please contact the person named against the event or stage.

Message from Lindsay Burnip...

Good Evening,

I know that I am much later in the year than usual, with my ‘please come and marshal’ email.

Hopefully, we will actually get to see some stage rallying this year, and if I don’t get to see you I may at least speak to you.

As always, this is not a full list of events, but a few local (or reasonably local ones).

If you can help, please contact the person named against the event or stage.

Thank you,
Lindsay
Lion Control

Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th April – Wooley Grange near Tow Law. NETT Quad bike racing. Volunteer to Ann Wood ann@scottsview.co.uk

Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th May – Dean Moor near M-Sport. NETT Quad bike racing. Volunteer to Ann Wood ann@scottsview.co.uk

Saturday 19th June – Kielder Forest Rally. Chief Marshal Barry Lindsay. Contact through the website www.kielderforestrally.co.uk

Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th June – Fat Cats near Doncaster. NETT Quad bike racing. Volunteer to Ann Wood ann@scottsview.co.uk

Saturday 3rd July – Lombard Newcastle event at Brunton near Alnwick. Chief Marshal Darren Smith darren1979smith@gmail.com Communications Officer Lindsay Burnip poshbirdincontrol@btinternet.com. (Anyone interested must have volunteered in advance.)

Sunday 11th July – Classics at the Castle, Witton Castle, Bishop Auckland. Contact Andy Brown durhamautomobileclub@gmail.com

Sunday 1st August – Tyneside Stages Rally sponsored by Glendinnings of Prudhoe. Chief Marshals Darren Smith darren1979smith@gmail.com and Martin O’Hanlon fme655@hotmail.com, Communications Officer Simon Goodwin swiftcontrol@btinternet.com

Sunday 5th September – Wearside Classic and Targa Rally, Nissan Sunderland. Marshals please volunteer to Lindsay Burnip poshbirdincontrol@btinternet.com

Sunday 24th October – Cheviot Stages Rally. Chief Marshal Mac Cliff cliff518@btinternet.com , Communications Officer Lindsay Burnip poshbirdincontrol@btinternet.com

Thursday 25th November – Roger Albert Clark Rally, Ash Park. Stage Commander Bobby Lowrie mk2baloo@gmail.com

Friday 26th November – Roger Albert Clark Rally, Chirdonhead. Stage Commander Martin O’Hanlon fme655@hotmail.com

(Other Friday stages are available – contact Dave Brodie, Neville Simmons, Karen Spencer)

Saturday 27th November – Roger Albert Clark Rally, Craik. Stage Commander Clayton Lackenby clayton.lackenby@btinternet.com