SMMC News

Thank you for keeping the wheels turning and making motorsport possible!

Picture of Nick Clarke
Thank you for keeping the wheels turning and making motorsport possible!
by Nick Clarke - Saturday, 6 June 2020, 3:21 PM

It is because of the work you do individually and in the teams you work in that we are all lucky enough to be able to enjoy this fascinating sport. Thank you very much for your efforts.

It seems only right during Volunteer's Week to put finger to keyboard to recognise the work done by all Club Members. Starting firstly with motorsport, we all know in the highest echelons there never seems to be a dearth of money and many people are doing and have done very nicely from the sport. At grass route level plentiful finance is a rarity for most and I am always amazed at how many people are able to put enough money together to be able to compete. Without volunteers however whether they have access to money or not none of the people mentioned earlier would have a sport to participate in. It is because of the work you guys and girls do individually and in the teams you work in that we are all lucky enough to be able to enjoy this fascinating sport which all of us have fallen in love with at some time.

Away from the sport, and in these difficult times, it is only right to again highlight the work of volunteers and I am aware there will be some amongst you that are doing more than your share on various fronts as we all try and play a part in moving through this pandemic. Can I please acknowledge all of you whether for the volunteering you are doing inside or outside the sport for all that you do and wish you all well as we work towards the day when hopefully we will once again be able to enjoy being involved in whatever role we need to do or enjoy doing to keep the wheels turning. Thank you very much for your efforts.

My best wishes to every SMMC member and those who you love.

Nick