To slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) people are being asked to stay at home as much as possible and avoid unnecessary social contact.
As a consequence, a number of motorsport events across Scotland have today either been cancelled or postponed.
- The AGM and OGM for the Scottish Association of Motor Sports Club on 17 March in Stirling has been postponed. Contact Peter Weall for information: email@example.com
- The seminar for Club Officials and Event Organisers being run by Motorsport UK on 21 March in Dunblane has been cancelled. Contact James Betchley for information: James.Betchley@motorsportuk.org
- The 2020 McDonald & Munro Speyside Stages Rally, due to be held on Saturday 18th April, has been cancelled.
- All competitive sporting events at Knockhill in April and May have been postponed and will be rescheduled later in the year.
- The first two events of the 2020 Scottish Motor Racing Championship, which were scheduled to take place at Knockhill on Sunday 5th April and Sunday 3rd May have been postponed.
Please keep a close eye on www.smmc.org.uk/coronavirus for further information - we are updating that page as soon as we find out about any motorsport event that is being cancelled or postponed that will affect our members.