SMMC News

Marshals required for Doune: 14th and 15th September

Picture of Alastair Gray
Marshals required for Doune: 14th and 15th September
by Alastair Gray - Wednesday, 14 August 2019, 8:21 AM

Marshals of all levels of experience are required for the Doune Hillclimb on the 14th and 15th of September. Don't worry if you are new to motorsport, we'll make sure you are buddied up with someone who has been to the Hill before.

I’m looking for marshals of all levels of experience for the Doune Hillclimb on the 14th and 15th of September. That weekend is a busy one for motorsport in Scotland with the BTCC at Knockhill so I'm hoping Doune can be slightly more tempting for some. Don't worry if you are new to motorsport, I'll make sure you are buddied up with someone who has been to the Hill before.

The Doune Speed Hillclimb Course is recognised as one of the sports premier venues in Britian and hosts two rounds of the British Speed Hillclimb Championship and four rounds of the Scottish Hill Climb Championship annually. The “King of the Hills” course takes competitors up over a 1350-metre track at one of the most challenging and scenic climbs in the UK.

As usual for the rounds of the British Hillclimb Championship at Doune, Saturday will be three / four practice runs for the competitors with a further practice on Sunday followed by two officially timed runs with a top twelve run off after each.

Sign on will be at 0745 at the hillclimb office and marshals should be on post ready for a 0830 start. I will hold a marshals briefing at 0810 and then the SMMC Rescue Unit will distribute those marshals that need a lift up the hill.

At the end of each day you will get £15 towards your expenses in attending the event as a thank you from the Lothian Car Club.

I look forward to hearing from you if you can support the event (even if you have told me already please!) and will be delighted if you wish to bring along a friend to assist.

Kind Regards
Alastair Gray
LCC Chief Marshal Doune Hillclimb
Email grayalastair@hotmail.co.uk